Saturday, June 20, 2015

The Punisher(2004)

sic vis pacem, para bellum

So I decided to start off my endeavor with an homage to one of my favorite superheroes, and superhero movies. The Punisher is a conflicted anti-hero, with a penchant for extreme violence. What's not to love?







Here's just the text, too in case you want it.

"I got your son killed, so you killed mine...
and the rest of my family
But who decides the fairness of violence?
Strong over weak?

I am shriveled by the ghost of my wife
and my son
But in the times I can sleep, hand wrapped around a loaded pistol grip,
she tells me to keep on...
tells me that I know who I am, now

You can’t toss them around anymore
Not with me in this war
And it is. War
You and anyone like you, versus us trodden misfits

The powerless need a voice, too, so...
I’ll make you kill your wife...
I’ll make you kill your best friend...
And finally, I’ll take you
Because in the end
what is vengeance if not...
Punishment"


1 comment: