Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Movie Excitation

After my last, saddening, post, I thought I'd talk a bit about what movies I am excited about for the future. At least one of these is going to seem hypocritical after my last rant, but, well, I'm not predictable, okay?

So, here's a list of up and coming movies that have me excited.  I hope to go more in depth about each of them when the time is right, but for now here's a brief overview.



Rob Zombie's 31

Who doesn't like creepy clowns?


31 looks amazing. It's a fan-funded slasher flic in the same vein as Devil's Rejects and House of 1000 Corpses. To give you a little back story, five carnival workers are kidnapped and set loose in a compound called "Murder World" where they are told they will be participating in a game called "31." Their goal? Survive the next 12 hours while being hunted by a gang of murderous clowns.  It isn't exactly mind blowingly original, but since Slashers is one of my favorite b horror movies, this has piqued my interest. You can follow production of the movie here. Unfortunately, as of yet, there isn't a trailer out for it.


Gambit (Directed by Rupert Wyatt. Written by Chris Claremont and Joshua Zetumer)


I'm Gambit, ****es, that's why.


I think it's safe to say that if you were a fan of the original x-men series, then Gambit has always been one of your favorite super heroes. If he isn't, he should be. With his wit, his attitude, and his ability to throw kinetically charged playing cards(well kinetically charged anything, really), Gambit is known for not taking **** from anybody. And while I'm beyond appalled by the choice to cast Channing Tatum as the hero, I'm willing to be proven wrong. Again, no trailer up yet, but it'll be out soon I'm sure. 


Legend (Written and Directed by Brian Helgeland)

Two...two Tom Hardys...ah ah ah.

I need to be up front with you. I have a huge bro crush on Tom Hardy. He's probably my favorite actor of the past 6 years or so. Ever since his amazing improv line in Inception.  So, it's easy to see why I'm stoked for Legend. In this movie Tom Hardy plays a set of twin gangsters from the UK: Reggie and Ronnie Kray. What I find compelling about this movie isn't just that it's Tom Hardy playing both brothers, but how drastically different each character is. Watch the trailer and you'll understand what I mean. 



Alleluia! The Devil's Carnival (Directed by Darren Lynn Bousman. Written by Terrance Zdunich)


Of to Hell we go...

Terrance Zdunich is probably one of the coolest producers out there. Mostly because he's not only a producer. He's also an actor, singer, storyboard writer, comic illustrator, and a snappy dresser.  I fell in love with his first movie Repo! The Genetic Opera, when it came out in 2008. After that he went on to create The Devil's Carnival. Alleluia! is the sequel to his second movie, and picks up where the first one left off; with the denizens of Hell preparing an assault on Heaven. If you've never seen any of Zdunich's work, I would recommend it, highly. It looks like Alleluia! will be released as a special screening across the United States and will include stops into many major theaters. Along with a screening of the movie, there will be Q and A with Zdunich himself and other's from the cast. I plan on seeing it in Detroit on the 13th of October. You can buy tickets for the screening here




There are so many other good movies on their way out soon, but these four are at the top of my list. 

Let me know what you think: 
find me on twitter: @criticcommand
or on tumblr: http://criticcommand.tumblr.com/

You can also e-mail me at rainbowgrabbag@gmail.com

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment